Friday, August 24, 2007

# 16 Wikis

Now this I can see using. Teams and workplans are my first thought for using Wiki technology for the librarians. It might also be a neat thing for customers, though I think our webpage gives them easy access to most information they would need about the library or information resources. I had trouble getting back to the wiki part of the St. Joseph County Public Library wiki after going to their homepage. Realized it was the subject guides that got you there. Why not just call it a wiki? The Bull Run Library wiki was neat and even linked to Merlin as a good site. Library 2.0 in 15 minutes a day appears to be a Maryland 23 things and then some. The idea of 15 minutes a day is probably a joke, but I will probablely come back to this one after Marylnad 23 is over and I am not on a deadline. BookLovers Wiki is wonderful. I think we should have something like this for our staff and customers! Library Success is a great place for sharing librarian things, but I doubt I would really end up using it. I think administration and Dept. heads would find it more useful. The ALA 2006 New Orleans Wiki was neat to see after having read about it. Actually I think each City should have one to keep residents and tourists informed of the best things do, places to go or whatever. The Academic Library Wiki I am sure is useful to them, but blah to me. At Merlin, I explored Project Forum, Wet paint and Wikispaces. Liked the tour of Wikispaces. It looks easy enough for me to do.

No comments: